PRIVACY NOTICE AND DATA TREATMENT POLICY
This policy (along with our terms and conditions and any other document referred to therein) aims to regulate the collection and use of the information of this platform. Please read carefully before providing any personal information. By using the platform, you agree that Whos Your Guest uses your personal information in accordance with this policy. If you do not agree to the terms, please refrain from using WYG services.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY WHOS YOUR GUEST PLATFORM
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information provided when completing forms on our website www.whosyourguest.com, including but not limited to the time of registration, reporting, subscription services, contact forms and publications on our website, social networks and/or applications.
- WYG may ask you to complete surveys used for research and statistical purposes.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information from your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, to help diagnose problems with our server, manage our site and report aggregate information and usage statistics. This information is collected for purely statistical purposes about visitors’ actions and browsing patterns, and will in no way be used to identify the individual.
For the same reason, we can obtain information about your general use of the Internet by using a cookie file that is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard drive and help us improve our site and offer better and more personalized service.
It allows us:
- Estimate the size of our audience and their usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Accelerate searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our site.
Please note that cookies can not be used to read data from your hard disk and can not retrieve information from other cookies created by other websites.
You can refuse to accept cookies using the settings in your browser. However, if you select this option, you may not be able to access certain parts of our site. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to reject cookies, our system will issue cookies when you log in to our platform.
If you access our platform from social networks we can collect information such as your username, password and other information made available through those services in order to improve and customize the use of the platform according to your preferences.
WHERE WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All the information you provide will be stored on secure servers, the WYG platform has a unique and special PhP code that prevents penetrating our databases and other components, while the transmission of information is protected by the use of SSL. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES OF INFORMATION
We use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Sending newsletters and alerts.
- Ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer.
- Comply with our obligations arising from any contract between you and us.
- Allow you to participate in the interactive functions of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Periodic communications with news or important information from Whos Your Guest, communications from other participating members and/or to request your comments on our platform.
You can cancel your registration by entering your user’s control panel and selecting the option to delete account or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove your contact information from our mailing lists and you will stop receiving information about WYG.
DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED:
WYG will disclose the information collected among the platform members in the following cases:
- In the event that a subject that appears as reported on our platform is found in another member establishment of the network, the information of the establishment that reported and the one that encountered will be exchanged between the parties.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, the third party will have the capacity to be responsible and in charge of the processing of the personal data that have been collected since the creation of the platform.
- Given that there is a duty to cooperate with the judicial authorities, WYG will make available all the information required by them in response to formal requests to ensure compliance with the law and/or legal procedures.
Please note that neither by sending reports through the platform, sending emails and/or mass notifications, your personal information, contact information or other information provided by you will be visible to other registered users.
HOW YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You can update the personal information you have provided during the registration process by entering “settings” in your user’s control panel or by writing to email@example.com.
ATTENTION OF PETITIONS, CONSULTATIONS AND CLAIMS.
As the owner of the information collected, you may request or submit claims to WYG when you consider that the data contained on the platform must be corrected, updated or deleted, or when you notice an alleged breach of any of the duties contained in Law 1581 2012. WYG undertakes to process and respond to your requests, inquiries and complaints in accordance with the following rules:
- Claim requirements:
The holder of the information must formulate the written request directed to WYG noting their respective identification, the description of the facts that give rise to the claim, the address of notification and accompanying with documents that are wanted as evidence of the alleged non-compliance by the platform .
If for any circumstance a complaint is received that should not be addressed to the platform, it will be transferred, as far as we can, to whoever it corresponds in a maximum term of two (2) business days, and inform of the situation to the interested party .
If the claim is incomplete, the interested party will be required within five (5) business days of receipt of the complaint to fix any deficiencies. After one (1) month from the date of the request without the applicant submitting the requested information, it will be understood that he has withdrawn the claim.
- Procedure of the claim:
Once the complete claim is received, WYG will update the information on the database including the legend “claim in process” and the reason for it, in a term no longer than two (2) business days. This legend will be maintained until the claim is decided.
The maximum term to define the claim will be fifteen (15) business days from the day after the date of receipt. When not possible to resolve within this term, the interested party will be informed before the expiration of the said term, the reasons for the delay and the date on which his claim will be dealt with, which in no case may exceed the following eight (8) business days of the expiration of the first term.
YOUR RIGHTS AS OWNER OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the provisions of article 8 of law 1581 of 2012, the owners of personal data will have the right to:
- Know, update and rectify his personal data with WYG as the responsible and in charge of the treatment. This right may be exercised, among others, against partial, inaccurate, incomplete, fractionated, misleading, or those whose treatment is expressly prohibited or has not been authorized.
- Request proof of the authorization given to WYG for the treatment of the data, when the platform acts as responsible for the information, except when expressly excepted as a requirement for the treatment, in accordance with the provisions of article 10 of the law Mentioned above.
- Be informed by WYG or its users, upon request, regarding the use that will be given, or was given to your personal data.
- Submit to the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce complaints for violations of the provisions of the law and other regulations that modify, add or complement.
- To revoke the authorization and/or request the suppression of the data when during the Treatment the principles, rights and constitutional and legal guarantees are not respected. The revocation and/or suppression shall proceed when the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce has determined that WYG has engaged in conduct contrary to the law and the Constitution.
- Access free of charge your personal data that have been processed.
You may exercise your right to Habeas Data at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by marking the option on the forms we use to collect your data. You may also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our platform may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility for these policies. Please check them before sending any personal information to these websites.